Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dalton, GA Portraits


Must share my story about these two handsome boys, Bond and Brock , who live in Dalton Georgia.  Bond, the oldest, was about three when I met him with his dad at a playground to take photos for a surprise Christmas gift for his wife. He later sent me a photo of their dog that resulted this 30" x 24" oil portriat.  A few years later he  commissioned a portrait of their second son, Brock that is also shown below.  This week I'm sending them this pastel portrait of the boys together taken a few years later from a black and white Christmas photo.
This is one of the special delights of being a portrait artist - having the privilege of being a part of a dear family's history in portraiture.  What a great legacy to leave for their children.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work - I especially like the top painting of this group.

    ReplyDelete