Tuesday, February 2, 2010

OLD WORK BOOTS

Yesterday my next door neighbor came to my door and asked me to do a pastel for her husband for a Valentine gift. .... Not a portrait of her husband but a portrait of his old work boots with Psalm 37:23 written on it..."The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he delighteth in his way."  I went with her to get the boots and to see the place on the wall where she would like it to be displayed.  I felt like I had an old art school assignment... how do I make two old boots look beautiful and arrange them in a vertical image.  After many failures I took them into my dark studio, hung one above the other and played the light on them.  If you ever doubted that good lighting can make anything look good this should convince you.  I finished it this morning and will deliver it tomorrow.  Such a fun job!

No comments:

Post a Comment