Monday, September 20, 2010

Newspaper Ad & Freedom in Christ

I took a leap and put an ad in the Villages Daily Sun that came out today.  It is in an advertising supliment that will  also be given to home buyers in the Villages.  Should be interesting to see what, if anything, happens... I will let you know!!! 
Just purchased a Sony Ericson cell phone that has wonderful sound and a great camera. We do not puchase the phone internet connection but I can transfer the photos from the phone to my computer using Bluetooth.  I think I can also connect my phone to my printer... so much to learn about this new toy and I can't do it all at once.

I woke up so happy this morning with these words in my head..."Janet you are free - live freely!" Must have come from all the thinking I have been doing in Romans 8 and Galatians 5.  It all began at the end of Romans 7 when Paul asks "Who shall deliver me from this body of death?" I love the answer in the Message translation of Romans 8:1: "With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved.  Those who enter into Christ;s being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud. A new power is in operation.  The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing your from a fated lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death." vs. 3..God went for the jugular when he sent his own Son.  He didn't deal with the problem as something remote and unimportant....." Don't we all have some "continuous, low-lying black cloud" that we struggled to crawl out from under?  I think mine is always worrying if I am doing the best thing that pleases God even though my head knows that His love for me is unconditional.  In this condition my thoughts are focused on myself - not on my Father-Lover and allowing myself to simply enjoy His presence and live that "free life" that Paul keeps telling me is mine in Christ. 


 Forgive me if I am rambling on but I am filled with such joy in knowing that the Holy Spirit is at work in me and making these verses,  that I have known for most of my life, very alive and real to me.  Today has been glorious because I just stopped wondering about me and simply moved from one task to another thanking Him for His presence in my life and resting in His loving embrace. What will He have for me tomorrow? Will I continue to have this freedom"... Yes, yes, yes!... by His grace. . ."A NEW POWER IS IN OPERATION...the Spirit of life in Christ has magnificently cleared the air... freeing me!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment