Saturday, January 1, 2011

Last Day of 2010!


Have not been blogging - probably because each day has been so uncertain since that Thanksgiving week when I discovered my blood count was 5.4!!! That day I received 3 pints of blood and 28 days later I was back down to 6.9...got 3 more pints of blood.  Then, after my bone marrow biopsy on Dec. 29th was sent to get three pints more.  This Thursday I will get my bone report to find out if I am making blood or if I am losing it somewhere.  It has been a strange but peaceful journey - being on the receiving end of so many prayer chains has shown me the reality of God's power to give strong inner peace that is beyond our human ability to understand.  Yesterday God gave me the privilege of spending seven hours in the outpatient infusion ward at the Leesburg hospital. I took this photo with my cell phone camera from my chair across the room.  Dear suffering people and caring nurses...a place where Jesus would probably be when He was here.  I seem to live in such an artificial world...protected from so much pain and evil.  Torture, murder, rape, human trafficking, bombings, tornado's, mudslides, floods, fires - all kinds of disasters fill my TV screen.  Which world is real?  Is God in charge?  Remember the test that Satan gave Jesus in  Matthew 4?
"...he took Jesus to the peak of a huge mountain . He gestured expansively, pointing out all the earth's kingdoms,  how glorious they all were.  Then he said, "They're yours - lock, stock, and barrel.  Just go down on your knees and worship me, and they're yours. Jesus' refusal was curt: "Beat it,Satan!"Worship the Lord your God, and only him. Serve him with absolute single-heartedness." (the Message)
God is the God of creation but the world systems belong to the enemy... the father of lies!  This world system is not my Father's world...that is the reason for Christmas and Easter...to save us out of this world into our real home... our Father's kingdom.  Romans 8 tells us that all creation is in turmoil groaning and waiting in joyful anticipation for that day of redemption. I love this verse in II Corinthians 4:18...
"There's far more here than meets the eye.  The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow.  But the things we can't see now will last forever."

1 comment:

  1. Janet, yes there is a greater truth, and there is a greater peace that comes when we cling to His truth. You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete