Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sing Praises to the Lord!

"Sing praises to the Lord and let all that is within me praise His holy name!!!!"  How did I ever come up with this wacky little painting and give it that title?  First, I saw  that bright yellow glass bottle that makes me think of sunshine and the glory of the Lord...then I saw that little white ceramic bird that I use to bake in my pies....Then I thought of that little bird singing praises to the Lord... then I had to figure a way to put the sun in the sky with a blue background.....and the Lord helped me pull it all together. Hope you can see it!
 These past two months have been really wierd...discovering that I am losing so much blood - being rushed to the hospital three times to get up to nine pints  - yet experiencing so much peace and joy???? Now  that I am on this end of so many prayer chains I know how much prayer really works in the lives of so many people that I have prayed for!!!  Healing does not have to be the answer...His joy and His peace in the darkness is so much more of a miracle. Years ago I remember visiting a dear young bride who died of cancer.  We all were praying for her healing.  She said to me..."I have been a Christian most of my life but I would not have missed the peace and joy of His presence these last few months for anything." I think I'm beginning to  understand that now.
So here is my daily painting...Each set up has it's own artistic lessons... that crazy shadow of the yellow bottle looked impossible and I am still not sure if I got it the way I want it...but it is done. Wonder what I will be painting  next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment