Monday, September 19, 2011

Enjoying Boston!

Not a lot to report as we finish up our vacation.  We are enjoying our time with our son and riding the subway cars.  I had forgotten what real stairs look like and how difficult it can be to climb them...especially when trying to move with the crowds in and out of the subways!  Guess I really move slowly and look old because strangers just look at me and point to the elevators!!!  I keep pushing on and telling myself that all this exercise is good for me. On my birthday we never made it to the Art Museum because we got on a wrong streetcar and, instead, enjoyed five hours riding around the city! Loved watching and listening to all the young college kids and seeing all the nationalities.
Thought you might enjoy this photo of my husband the day we toured the Boston Public Library.  We found a side room where they had stored this reproduction of a frieze of the Angels by John Singer Sargent and he stuck in his head for the face.

We will be flying home on Thursday, seeing my doctor on Friday and getting chemo on Monday and Tuesday.  I feel great and just hope I can put in practice all the new perspectives on my life that have filled my mind during this long vacation.  So easy to get into a rut and so difficult to climb out!!!!  This morning Romans 12:2 that filled my mind.. Janet: "be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."  Is everything that comes into my life good, acceptable, and perfect? It has to be if I have given my life to Jesus...."Thank you, Father, for everything you bring into my life...especially for the gift of leukemia and diabetes...help me to reveal to others that everything you do... even though it may look bad (like your torture and death) is always good, acceptable and perfect. In Your plan You have a fantastic way of always turning every tragedy into triumph - even when I may never see it....Help me to weigh everything in the light of eternity!  Amen"
)

No comments:

Post a Comment