Wednesday, December 7, 2011

NEW FAMILY PHOTO

I neglected to post this year's family portrait at our Thanksgiving gathering. Tom was not with us so we put a photo of his head on a stick to make the family complete.  We took the last family photo in August of last year when I was very tired all the time but had no idea that I had leukemia....This year we celebrate my healing plus so many other blessings.

I don't have a painting to post every day but I rejoice that each day I do something involved with my art.
Had bought two cheap, rough canvases at Michaels and tossed them aside because they were so horrible...thought that I could at least use the stretchers for my roll of good canvas.  But I sanded the canvas and got it fairly smooth.  Then I painted it with three coats of gesso and am excited about getting a new painting on it.

Hope you are making plans to paint at least once a week.  Set up a corner with your pastel paper or a small canvas and get excited about some photo you want to copy or an old painting that needs new inspiration... Send it to me so we can rejoice together!!!!
Hugs,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment