Saturday, February 11, 2012

FEB. 10TH CLASS

SORRY I HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM THIS BLOG FOR SO LONG! It has been a glorious new year...I can't begin to tell you all that God is doing in my inner life since I have made it a priority to slowly and prayerfully read at least one chapter in the New Testament every morning.  I have been reading and studying the Bible for almost 70 years but it has never been so alive and fresh to me!  I consider this an amazing gift from my dear Father.  I am seeking to see how human Jesus is... without a halo - not just pretending to feel, think and act like an earthly person...just like me.  Paul explains it in Philippians 2
"Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself.  He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what.  Not at all.  When the time came, he set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave, became HUMAN! Having become human, he stayed human.  It was an incredibly humbling process.  He didn't claim special privileges.  Instead he lived a selfless, obedient life and then died a selfless, obedient death - and the worst kind of death at that - a crucifixion.  Because of that obedience, God lifted him high and honored him far beyond anyone or anything, ever, so that all created beings in heaven and on east - even those long ago dead and buried - will bow in worship before this Jesus Christ, and call out in praise that he is the Master of all, to the glorious honor of God the Father."
The Chapel work with my husband fills my mind and life so that painting & blogging have to wait their turn.  Others in our fellowship are discovering this daily, Bible reading walk with Jesus and our days are full... like the song someone sent us...My cup is full and running over - so much so that i am drinking out of the saucer!!!
BUT I DO MAKE TIME FOR CLASSES... and what a joyous time we had yesterday painting with a Valentine sing-along tape and just enjoying our time together.  Don't you love this old-time portrait of Audrey's parents on the farm? She will be back to finish it at our next class on Feb.24 before she heads back north.  Audrey has been with me for about 10 years and has done over twenty paintings. Joyce finished up her portrait of her beloved Heidi that left her a few months ago. It is a very emotional painting for her... 
HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US FOR CLASSES - FEB.24 - MARCH 9  - APRIL 13 - MAY 11

No comments:

Post a Comment