Sunday, April 29, 2012

SUPPLY LIST FOR CLASS

After almost ten years of teaching here in Florida I will no longer be accepting beginner students in my classes. The visual arts are no different from the musical arts in that they both require practice, practice and more practice.  You may be a beginner in using oil or pastel but you must have some drawing skills, understanding of values and some knowledge of using color.  I love my students dearly but beginners  take more of my class time and I am not able to give time to more serious students who work well on their own.  All my former students are welcome to return with the hope that they will bring along other pieces of art that they are working on at home so that I can evaluate their progress or
help them to complete their work.
I am always available to do a commissioned portrait.  I prefer to work from a sitting and/or take my own photos of the subject but will also work from existing photos - black & white or color
The price for a 16" x 20"starts at $400 for one subject
My oils are not priced by size but by amount of the person in the painting. A child's head & shoulder portrait is $2,000 - an adult is $3,000




No comments:

Post a Comment